Similar to the Galaxy Fold, Samsung announces another foldable phone in China, which is known as Samsung W20 5G. It packs identical specs with few changes in features and design.
The Samsung W20 5G mobile phone is powered by an advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ SoC, which is quite different from the Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 SoC on Samsung Galaxy Fold.
Another slight differences is the foldable design, 5G support and a new paint job. Which happens to be the strong and tough middle frame with a White colored back cover.
Samsung W20 Specs
– 7.3-inch (2152×1536 pixels) QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display
– 4.6-inch (720×1680 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
– 12-megapixels Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, OIS, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
– 10-megapixels Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
– 10-megapixels cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
*. Processors: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform
*. GPU: 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
*. RAM: 12GB LPDDR4x RAM
*. Storage: 512GB storage (UFS 3.0)
*. OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
*. Fingerprint sensor: YES (side-mounted)
*. Network and connectivity: 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
*. Battery: 4,235mAh battery capavity with fast charging
Like the Galaxy Fold, the W20 5G arrives with two screen display, there is the main 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 display and secondary 4.6-inch 720p HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 cover display.
Packs a triple rear camera, which includes the 12MP Dual Pixel, 12MP Telephoto lens, and 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture.
While the front hosts a dual camera sensor, consisting of the primary 10-megapixels Dual Pixel camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, and secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV. Along with a 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture.
The Samsung W20 5G also features AKG-tuned speakers, Dolby Atmos support, side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and it weighs 276g. Which is quite heavy.
It is powered by a faster Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU, 12GB of LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 3.0) and runs on Android 9.0 (Pie).
The Samsung W20 5G supports 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), thanks to the Snapdragon x50 modem. Others includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS.
The Samsung W20 5G comes in a single pearl white finish, and backed by a 4235mAh battery capacity. The device pricing isn’t yet known, but will be available in China in December, and the pricing will be announced close to the sale date.