Precious moments are temporal but with today’s technological advancements, creating memories is easier than before. With so many ways to create movies, clips and snapshots it is hard to tell which software is the best.
When you want to capture a video on PC, it can be complicated. Movavi Screen Capture Studio tries to battle these difficulties by letting its users know how to capture video on PC with their easy to use software.
Kids and adults will enjoy using this software and find that it has a myriad of functions to enhance your creativity.
When compared with other software, Movavi has proven its versatility many times over. It is highly compatible with almost all video formats and codecs giving users ease of use.
Movavi’s Technical Specs
Movavi is compatible with most up-to-date Microsoft Windows products (XP/Vista/7/8/10). To install it you must know how to install with administrator permissions.
The software requires 512 MB of RAM for XP and 1GB for all versions above XP. It requires a minimum of 810MB on hard drive and 2GB to operate it.
It requires 1024X768 screen resolution with 32 bit color. Your processor must be at least 1.5GHz. Movavi is available in 12 different languages and costs $49.99 for the entire suite.
The software can handle the following file formats and codecs:
|Video Formats||Supported Codecs|
|3GPP (.3gp), 3GPP2 (.3g2)||H.263, H.264, MPEG-4|
|Audio Video Interleave (.avi)||H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG|
|Flash (.flv, .swf)||FLV1, H.264|
|Matroska (.mkv)||H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG, Theora, VP9|
|MPEG-4 (.mp4)||MPEG-4, H.264|
|OGV – Ogg Video (.ogv)||Theora|
|QuickTime (.mov)||H.264, MPEG-4, MJPEG|
|WebM (.webm)||VP8, VP9|
|WMV – Windows Media Video (.wmv)||WMV V8|
|Audio Formats||Supported Codecs|
|AAC – Advanced Audio Coding (.aac)||AAC|
|FLAC – Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac)||FLAC|
|MP3 – MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer III (.mp3)||MP3|
|OGG – Ogg Audio (.ogg)||Vorbis|
|WAV – Waveform Audio File Format (.wav)||PCM|
|WMA – Windows Media Audio (.wma)||WMA 9|
*Above chart was taken from Movavi’s website http://www.movavi.com/screen-capture/
What Are The Best Functions Of Movavi
Movavi offers a range of features because capturing videos can vary with regard to complexity and ability. The software is available for both Windows and Mac users.
Installation is simple and basically runs on autopilot with just a couple clicks. Movavi is compatible with AVCHD cameras and it will also convert video from analog to digital. You can also use the software with webcams.
Some tasks the software can do:
- Easily imports video from cameras including HD cameras. This also includes photos from cameras. Making a movie of your last trip is now more convenient with this feature.
- Records almost anything from your desktop. Many people who are doing tutorials and PC videos can easily record the screen as well as audio.
- Help Center available to all clients. They provide 24 hour live chat support, how-to’s, video guides and FAQ. They have a downloadable manual. If you lose your key they will help retrieve it, and upgrade your version.
- Converts video in to GIF files. Actually Movavi converts all files and allows you to save it to or for any device. It will compress all media files to help save space on your hard drive.
- Saves Flash videos from websites. The video capture suite is specifically designed to capture video that is played on PC, on website or a device.
- Sharing your videos on social media sites is now easier.
- Allows studio quality editing that is fairly easy to use and doesn’t require extensive photo editing knowledge.
- Captures Skype and Netflix streams easily.
- Records music without any additional software.
- Records Webinars and any other web activity.
- Compatible with over 200 android devices and iPhones when other software does not.
- Editing functions are crop, enhance image, rotate, and stabilize.
There are so many uses for Movavi we could go on for days, but the bottom line is that it can do most anything like the leading expensive software that professionals use.
To Download Movavi Free Trial
Movavi Screen Capture can be used with a free trial of 3 days. It is easy to install:
- Go to http://www.movavi.com/screen-capture/
- Click Download
- Save To Desktop
- Open file on desktop and let the application install.
- Open software
- Click free trial.
The free trial will work with only limited functions. Once the full version is paid for the key will be emailed to you. Input the product key and you’re on the way to screen capturing, making videos and recording audio.
Downsides Of Movavi Screen Capture
Honestly, it was hard finding problems with the software. The only complaint was the inability to copy protected audio and video, but there are ways around that.
The software itself was so easy to use, but the editing was a little tricky to learn at first. Movavi does offer help support and are in process of beefing it up, but needless to say they need to provide more.
It definitely is not more difficult than Camtasia Studio, which is extremely difficult to use. It has also been noticed that when recording for lengthier periods like 50 minutes or more, the system slows down and sometimes crashes.
Make sure you get software directly from Movavi as the versions are different and do not support all the same features.
Wrapping It Up
Given its obviously small list of downfalls versus easy to use features, Movavi Screen Capture is worth the buy. Other software in its class is over $150 for the entire suite of software and practically requires a master’s degree to run it.
This cost effective and easy to use software is perfect for children as well as adults. Movavi is an excellent product for home use and business use because it is so flexible and uncomplicated. Stop making things more complex and take up a free trial.
Making videos, capturing music and recording from your PC should be fun and this software provides that and more. Honestly, there are so many uses that being creative has become easy.