Many people today, goes to bank to get a Master Card especially for Physical Use like ATM and many other things but today, they is a new use of Virtual Master Card for Banking.
We are introducing to you, today, what is GTBank Virtual MasterCard is all about and its Benefits, Requirements, Transaction Limits and How-To-Request. All you have to do is to sit and read carefully in between lines.
GTBank Virtual MasterCard
The GTBank Virtual MasterCard is a digital payment card designed to aid frequent online shoppers with a secure and flexible alternative to physical payment cards.
The virtual card is instantly issued via Internet Banking. But do you know that GTB Virtual MasterCard is designed primarily for “Security conscious online shoppers who prefernot to use their debit/credit cards linked to their regular bank account online”
And also as a fall back option for customers who have forgotten or lost their Card, but need to perform urgent online purchase.
GTBank Virtual MasterCard Benefits
Below are the Benefits of using GTBank Virtual MasterCard.
- Accessible: Your Virtual Mastercard can be used wherever MasterCard is accepted online.
- Instant: The Virtual card is available instantly on request.
- It’s Flexible: The card can be loaded from your existing Account via Internet Banking.
- Safe: Your card eliminates the risk and inconvenience of carrying cash and it cannot be stolen.
- It’s Prepaid: The card is loaded via Internet Banking.
- Shopping Online: With your card, you no longer have to wait until you travel to shop. You can now do so at many international websites that offer delivery to Nigeria such as ASOS, Amazon, Victoria Secret, River Island, Hawes and Curtis and many more.
- It’s Virtual: You don’t need to carry it out around to use it for online shopping always available on your Internet Banking.
- Secure: The card rides on the existing GTBank Internet Banking state-of-the-art secure technology platform.
- Back-up plan: The Virtual Mastercard is a fall back option for customers who have forgotten or lost their Card, but need to perform urgent online purchase.
- Its Convertible: The card can be converted to a physical debit card upon your request.
- The card is valid for 2 years
Note Before: You can view the details of your Virtual card anytime by clicking “view card details” but you will require the use of Hardware token.
How to Convert to Your Virtual Pre-paid card to a Physical MasterCard
*. Click ‘Convert to physical Card’ link button as shown on the right
*. Select the Account to debit for the card Charge
*. Select your preferred PickUp Branch
*. Answer your secret question and click the ‘Continue’ button
*. A record submitted succesfully is displayed once request is complete.
Also Note that: The card is removed from the History page and will no longer available as a Virtual card’.
What are the GTBank Virtual MasterCard Requirements
The requirements for getting your GTB Virtual Master Card is so simple and short and easy. There is only one requirement for GTB Virtual Banking is that it is going to be “Issued instantly when requested on Internet Banking”
GTBank Virtual MasterCard Transaction Limits
Just like many other GTB MasterCard, this Virtual MasterCard also has it Transaction Limits. Below are the Limits:-
1. Maximum daily loadable limit: N100,000
2. Daily Transaction limit (POS): N250,000.
3. Maximum amount permitted on your card at any point in time: N250,000
OR: Its equivalent in the currency of the country you are transacting.
How To Request for GTBank Virtual MasterCard
#1. Login to the Internet Banking Platform
#2. Select Cards from the left-hand panel, click on the Virtual Card request menuand fill the displayed form
#3. Click the new “Request Button” to initiate your request for a new virtual Pre-paid Card
#4. Select the Account to Debit for charges
#5. Click on the ‘Account to link’ and agree to the “Terms and Condition” check boxes
#6. Answer your secret question and click the ‘Continue’ button
#7. The confirmation button is then displayed
#8. Generate a 6-digit code from your hardware token device
#9. Input the generated 6-digit token code on the confirmation page and click the ‘Submit’ button
#10. Internet Banking will display the details of the Pre-paid card once your request is successful:
*. PAN (Card Number)
*. Expiry date
*. Activation Code
N/B: You can view the details of your Virtual card anytime by clicking “view card details” but you will require the use of Hardware token.