With the Google Play Store offering nearly three million apps and games, you would think that Android users would be happy, right? But no, they are not. Because not everything is available in the official app store, and many apps simply don’t meet the strict guidelines in place to go in the store. So, where do they go?
To third party app stores, of course. And there is one that stands out, head and shoulders above the rest, and its called ACMarket. It offers thousands of games and apps, mostly modified versions that are not allowed in the official app store, and everything is free. Oh, and you don’t need to root your Android device to use it either, so it’s a win-win all around – you get some great apps and games for free, and the developers get an alternative home for their apps.
How to Download ACMarket:
Downloading ACMarket is quite easy, and you can install it directly onto your device. All you need to do is download the ACMarket APK file and install it. Here’s how.
- Open your Android browser and go to the official AC Market download page
- Download the APK file directly to your device – Do NOT install it yet
- First, open your Settings app
- Go to Security settings and enable the option for Unknown Sources – if you skip this step, the app won’t install
- Now open your device downloads location and find ACMarket
- Tap on it to install and wait
- When you see the ACMarket icon on your home page, the app store is ready to use. If you don’t see it, repeat the steps, making sure you enable the Unknown Sources option.
How to Use ACMarket:
ACMarket is a user-friendly app:
- Open the store by tapping the icon on your home page
- Tap Apps on the home page and pick a category (see below)
- Tap on the app or game you want to install and follow the on-screen directions
- When the icon is on your home page, the app or game is ready to use
ACMarket is packed with apps and games, including:
- Android Apps – lots of official apps and games, including premium ones
- ACMarket Apps – unofficial content not found in official stores
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps with loads of extra features
- Modified Games – unlocked Android games with new features and in-app purchases and bonuses free
Frequently Asked Questions
We do get lots of questions about ACMarket so here are the answers to the commonly asked ones:
- What Platforms Are Supported by ACMarket?
ACMarket is officially an Android app store alternative. However, we do have guides for installing it on iOS devices and, using an Android emulator, on Windows or Mac computers too.
- Do I Need to Root my Android Device?
No, you can use ACMarket without having to root your device. However, should you be prepared to do so, you will gain more benefit from the app store. Any apps or games already on your device will be modified with new functionality and features, and you won’t find your apps being blocked by Google if you use them over an internet connection – this can happen with non-rooted devices.
- What About my Warranty?
There are only two conditions where your warranty may be affected by using ACMarket. The first is if your device is rooted, and the second is if you use certain modified apps that can change how your device functions. In the latter case, simply delete them if you need to return your device to a store for repair.
- Fixing ACMarket Errors
ACMarket is relatively stable, but there may be occasions where it just stops working. Here’s the fix for that:
Method 1: Reset Your App Preferences
- Open Settings and go to Apps (App Manager)
- Tap All Apps>Reset App Preferences
- Tap on Reset Now and close settings
- Try ACMarket again, and it should be OK now.
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Cache and Data
- Open Settings>Apps/App Manager
- Tap on System Apps and then Package Installer
- Tap Clear Cache and then Clear Data (Marshmallow users, look in Storage)
- ACMarket should now work again
Method 3: Enable Unknown Sources
- Open Settings>Security
- Enable Unknown Sources option
- Close Settings and try again; ACMarket should now work.
If it doesn’t, delete it and start over, making sure that option stays enabled.
If, for some reason, you cannot get on with ACMarket, try Panda Helper. Similar to ACMarket, it offers tons of modified and tweaked apps and games. You don’t need to root your device, and it is completely free.
ACMarket is hands down the best alternative app store for those looking for more than the official store offers. Try it today, see what its all about and change how you download your apps and games forever.